Sunday, November 22, 2009

Free Meal Voucher ??

Last week , I ran into my ex-colleague at the Miri Airport while waiting for my flight to Limbang We had not seen each other for quite some time. As teachers , our talk soon was channeled to education issue . He tried to seek my advice on the dealing of the deepening disciplinary problems in many schools . Sensing his humble approach ( He is a top education officer .) , I then shared with him my view regarding the matter.

However , our conversation was interrupted by a series of announcements . Seemed rather urgent. Oh, No. ! Our flight was going to be delayed for 3 hours. Actually , I really lengthened my ears while the announcements were made. ' How come no mentioning of free vouchers for the passengers affected as it is near dinner time ? ' I inquired. Then he went to ask a lady on duty at the counter. Guess what ? We were immediately given the vouchers. Then quickly we headed for the cafe at the ground floor. We were served Nasi Lemak/ Tuna sandwiches and fresh drinks . Though simple meal, it was better than done. Moreover, we could relax at the more cozy environment there.

So we have to learn to be ' thick-faced' and not to be the 'shy- shy ' type if we encounter any similar situation in the future. We won't lose anything and instead we can see that our rights are given.

Later my friend went to ' sembayang' whereas I just remained in the cafe reading my newspaper cuttings which I always bring along whenever I go travelling. Never realized that time went so fast. Soon I was on board the plane for the trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment